- Served as the President of United States and Canadian Academy of Pathology.
- Served as the President of the Pancreatobiliary Pathology Society.
- Served as the Vice-President for the North American branch of International Academy of Pathology.
- Membership in Committees, including American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer Pathology Committee, Radiation Therapy Oncology Group-Pathology Committee, Association of Directors of Anatomic and Surgical Pathology Executive Council, American Society of Clinical Pathology, and College of American Pathologists.
- Served as the Anatomic Pathology Director of Emory University (USA).
- Attained the title of professor at Wayne State University, USA; Emory University, USA; and Koç University.
- Ranked in the Best Doctors of America, Top Doctors of America and Who’s Who in Science lists.
- Delivered over 300 international speeches and organized courses.
- Served as a member of the editorial board in 6 international journals and as a referee in over 20 journals.
- Authored over 15 chapters in WHO’s (World Health Organization) Tumor classification books.
- Authored chapters regarding diseases of pancreas, biliary system, ampulla and gallbladder in leading textbooks of oncology, surgery and pathology.
- Named as an “outstanding researcher”, membership to the Pancreas Cancer Progress Review Group, and 20-year uninterrupted grant by the National Institute of Health (USA).
- Primary research and education awards: American Association of Cancer Research Award, GIPS Jack Yardley Investigator Award and Georgia Cancer Coalition Distinguished Cancer Scientist Award.
- Holds the Anatomic and Clinical Pathology Board Certificate from the American Board of Pathology and T.R. Ministry of Health’s Pathology Specialization Certificate.
- Worked as an Oncological Pathology Fellow and Chief Fellow at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, USA.
- Primary clinical fields of interest:
o Oncological pathology (cancer and other tumors); classification and prognostication
o Tumors and diseases of pancreas and ampulla
o Diseases of gallbladder and bile ducts
o Diseases of stomach and intestines
o Liver tumors
|“Fellow of The Woodruff Leadership Academy” Standard Certification (Leadership Academy)||Robert W. Woodruff Health Science Center, Emory University; Atlanta, USA||2011 - ...|
|Surgical Pathology Fellowship, Postgraduate||Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, MI, USA||1997 - ...|
|Oncological Pathology (Fellow and Chief Fellow - Oncological Pathology postgraduate)||Memorial Sloan-Ketter Cancer Center, New York, NY, USA||1996 - ...|
|Pathologist (Resident and Chief Resident - Postgraduate Anatomical And Clinical Pathology Education)||Lenox Hill Hospital, New York University, New York, NY, USA||1994 - ...|
|Otorhinolaryngology Residency (not completed)||Hacettepe University School of Medicine, Ankara||1990 - ...|
|Medical Degree||Hacettepe University School of Medicine, Ankara||1988 - ...|
|Prof. M.D. / Head of the Department of Pathology||Koç University-School of Medicine, Department of Pathology, İstanbul||2018 - ...|
|Prof. M.D. / Pancreatobiliary Pathology Research Director||Medical College of Wisconsin, Department of Pathology, Milwaukee, WI, USA||2018 - ...|
|Prof. M.D. / Director of Anatomic Pathology||Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA, USA||2017 - ...|
|Prof. M.D. / Tissue Bank Director||Wayne State University, School of Medicine, Detroit, MI, USA||2007 - ...|
|Associate Prof., Director of the Immunohistochemistry Laboratory, Pathologist Doctor||Detroit Medical Center Laboratories, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI, USA||2007 - ...|
|Chief Fellow||Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY||1996 - ...|
|Chief Resident||Lenox Hill Hospital, New York, NY||1994 - ...|