- One of the most important pediatric and general surgeons in the world.
- Received his Associate Professor degree in 1972 and Professor degree in 1977.
- Between 1981-1983, he worked with Professor Thomas Starzl, pioneer in liver transplantation, at the University of Pittsburg Transplantation Department.
- He is one of the “Most Innovative Living 20 Child Surgeons” worldwide.
- Dr. Münci Kalayoğlu brought liver transplantation to the medical world as a routine and acceptable treatment for adult and pediatric patients with hepatic impairment.
- He established the Liver Transplant Program at the University of Wisconsin in the USA and has chaired this department for nearly 25 years.
- He performed the first liver transplant, first reduced (from adult to child) liver transplant, first “cluster” (all organs in the abdomen) transplant, first live liver transplant from adult to adult, first child liver transplant and liver transplant to the youngest child in the state.
- Successfully performed the first and only siamese twin’s separation surgery in the state of Wisconsin.
- Pioneered the use of Belzer UW organ protection fluid in clinical liver transplants.
|Research Resident, Pediatric Surgery||Children's Hospital, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania||1970 - ...|
|Chief Resident, Pediatric Surgery and Urology||Children's Hospital, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania||1969 - ...|
|Resident, Pediatric Surgery||Children's Hospital, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania||1968 - ...|
|Surgical Internship, General Surgery||Mount Sinai Medical School, New York, New York||1967 - ...|
|Chief Resident, General Surgery||Hacettepe University Medical School, Ankara, Turkey||1966 - ...|
|License||Hacettepe University, Medical Faculty, Ankara, Turkey||1963 - ...|
|Head of the Organ Transplantation Center||Koç University Hospital||2018 - ...|
|Professor and Chairman||Memorial Hospital, General Surgery, Pediatric Surgery and Organ Transplantation, İstanbul, Turkey||2006 - ...|
|Professor of Surgery and Pediatrics||University of Wisconsin School of Medicine, Madison, Wisconsin||1988 - ...|
|Associate Professor of Surgery and Pediatrics||University of Wisconsin School of Medicine, Madison, Wisconsin||1986 - ...|
|Associate Professor of Surgery||University of Wisconsin School of Medicine, Madison, Wisconsin||1984 - ...|
|Director||University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics, Liver Transplant Program, Madison, Wisconsin||1984 - ...|
|Visiting Associate Professor of Surgery||University of Wisconsin School of Medicine, Madison, Wisconsin||1983 - ...|
|Visiting Professor of Surgery||University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania||1981 - ...|
|Professor of Pediatric Surgery||Hacettepe Medical School, Ankara, Turkey||1977 - ...|
|Associate Professor of Pediatric Surgery||Hacettepe Medical School, Ankara, Turkey||1972 - ...|
|Assistant Professor of Pediatric Surgery||Hacettepe Medical School||1971 - ...|