- His research focuses on hematopoietic growth factors in neuroprotection following experimental stroke, spinal cord injury, and traumatic brain injury.
- His research has been published in high-level academic journals including Stroke, Neuroscience, and the Journal of Neuroscience Research.
- Has authored or co-authored well over 70 papers and has 50 presentations and has more than 950 citations (h-index: 17).
- Has been awarded (including Prof. Raja Award for Young Neurosurgeon 2007, AACNS Young Neurosurgeon Award 2007) many times by different societies.
- Member of advisory board or reviewer of many scientific journals including Stroke, Experimental Neurology, Neurological Research, Acta Neurochirurgica, and Spine.
- President of IBNC and the Scientific Chairman of 2017 WFNS World Congress.
- Principal fields of clinical interest:
o Neurovascular Surgery and neuro-oncology
|Associate||Anadolu University, Management of Health Institutions||2008|
|Post-doc Research Fellow||Loma Linda University, LLUMC, Neuroscience Research Laboratories||2005|
|Neurosurgery Residency||Ankara Numune Research and Education Hospital||1998|
|Medical Education||Osmangazi University, School of Medicine||1990|
|Neurosurgeon and academic staff||Koç University, Department of Neurosurgery (Istanbul, Turkey).||2011|
|Adjunct Professor||School of Medicine, Department of Basic Sciences, Loma Linda University, CA, USA||2013|
|Associate Professor||Koç University, Dept. of Neurosurgery, Neuroscience Research Laboratories, Istanbul||2011|
|Neurosurgeon||VKV American Hospital, Dept. of Neurosurgery, Istanbul||2011|
|Academic Staff||Neurosurgeon, Ankara Ataturk Research and Education Hospital, Ankara||2004|